- Last Updated: 15 April 2014
GBP LIVE: Sterling Exchange Rate Outlook, News and Views on Tuesday
"But with US CPI likely to rise and GBP positioning already a bit stretched, GBP/USD may prove a little vulnerable today."
The British pound (GBP) is seeing mixed conditions at the start of the new week with strength being seen against the euro and NZ dollar in particular.
Pound Sterling LIVE: GBP Outlook Deteriorates vs NZ and Australian dollars, Positive vs Euro and Dollar
The British pound was rangebound against the US dollar and Euro on Thursday; however fresh weakness was witnessed against the commodity currencies.
Wednesday's Live Coverage:
The British Pound exchange rate complex enjoyed hefty gains against an under pressure US dollar while showing strength against the majority of major currencies. Can today's trade data cement the sterling's strength?
Tuesday's Live Coverage:
The pound sterling (GBP) is today faced with some data out of the UK's manufacturing sector. Losses are being seen vs the AUD and NZD while it will take a hefty shunt to break recent ranges against the EUR and USD.
Monday's Live Coverage:
The UK currency is weak on Monday morning following on from a disappointing first week of April. We consider the latest viewpoints on Monday.
Friday's Live Coverage:
The pound sterling (GBP) is looking stable as we head into a busy day of data. There is nothing from the UK due, so drivers will be external and technical in nature.
Live Pound Sterling Rates:
- British Pound / Euro exchange rate:1.2111
- British Pound / US dollar: 1.6743
- British Pound / Australian dollar: 1.7883
- British Pound / Canadian dollar rate: 1.8383
- British Pound / New Zealand dollar rate: 1.9493
- British Pound / South African Rand rate: 17.6642
Daily Forecasts from FuturesTechs
Every day Pound Sterling Live presents a trade idea courtesy of the team at FuturesTechs, the idea includes an entry, exit and contextual relevance for the currency trader. Visit the Daily Forecast Section Here.
Previously, on the EUR-USD:
"Looks pretty bullish going into this new week and I’d be looking to buy dips unless we drop back through 1.3796. >> Read More
On the GBP-USD:
"We would expect to still see the market struggle ahead of the 1.6822 February high." >> Read more
Pound to Euro Forecast: Are You Hoping for Higher GBP-EUR Rates? 1.19 is 2014 Average sayUniCredit
In their latest update to their 2014 - 2015 pound euro exchange rate forecasts UniCredit Bank warn the pair will be stuck around the 1.19 level
Why Scotland should peg an 'independent' currency to the British pound sterling
The positive arguments for the retention of the British pound sterling (GBP) by an independent Scotland outweigh the arguments for the establishment of an independent free-floating currency argue Deutsche Bank. Read More.
- Feb Update: Euro Dollar Exchange Rate Forecasts for 2014: EUR/USD Outlook Suggests Risks Lie to the Upside
- Exchange Rate Forecasts 2014: Yen, Canadian and Australian Dollars from Commonwealth Bank
- Updated Euro to British Pound Sterling Forecasts: GBP Could Hit 1.25 vs the Euro in 2014, But There Are Risks Warn Danske
- US Dollar Forecasts 2014: The Year of the USD?
- Exchange rate forecasts today: US dollar, British pound, Japanese Yen, Euro and Australian Dollar
- British pound sterling (GBP) Forecasts for 2014: BK Asset Management Give Their Verdict
- British Pound (GBP) LIVE: Sterling Set for Fresh Bounce vs USD, Bank of England Risk Ahead