Latest News on Pound Sterling Live
Daily Forecasts from Pound Sterling Live
Every day Pound Sterling Live presents a trade idea courtesy of the investment banks and foreign exchange brokerages that we follow. Visit the Daily Forecast Section Here.
Live Pound Sterling Rates:
- British Pound / Euro exchange rate: 1.2564
- British Pound / US dollar: 1.6576
- British Pound / Australian dollar: 1.7753
- British Pound / Canadian dollar rate: 1.8007
- British Pound / New Zealand dollar rate: 1.9792
- British Pound / South African Rand rate: 17.5909
The pound sterling (GBP) is enjoying a return of confidence against the euro with strong gains coming at the start of the new week.
The British pound (GBP) is showing its intention to end August in positive fashion having endured a month of struggle as further below-par data undermined the pound’s position as the best performing currency of 2014?
Pound to Euro Forecast: GBP Must Close Above 1.26 for Call to End, BUT Watch-Out for Corrective Bounce
The pound to euro exchange rate is seen trading 0.13 pct higher on a day-to-day basis; the rate is seen at 1.2579 at the time of writing.
Above: ECB Governing Council President Draghi looks to take a more imaginative approach to boosting Eurozone growth - something that could result in a weaker EUR.
The euro exchange rate complex (EUR) is forecast to come under fresh pressures as we move through the remainder of 2014.
The US dollar continues to dominate global forex markets at the present time and we would hesitate to call an end to the declines just yet.
Pound Sterling to Dollar Forecast: Could GBP/USD Exchange Rate Weakness Merely a Counter-Trend Move?
We have seen the pound sterling (GBP) suffer weakness for 7 weeks in a row now as the odds of a UK interest rate hike before year-end 2014 decreases with signs that the pace of the UK's economic expansion is slowing.
Aus and New Zealand Dollar vs the Pound: NZD Remains in a State of Weakness, AUD Looks for Consistency
The British pound (GBP) faces differing prospects against the antipodean dollars - sterling appears to be bullishly aligned against the NZD and mixed to bearishly aligned to the Aus dollar.
For reference, at mid-week we see:
Euro Weakness Forecast by Deutsche Bank Who See ECB Starting Asset Purchases to Deal With Exchange Rate
Exchange rate markets remain highly sensitive to the actions of global central banks - it is interest rate and money printing policy (QE or Quantitative Easing) that continues to feed the markets.
Exchange Rate Forecasts: Pound Strength Ahead, Euro to Decline, US Dollar Strength Likely to Continue
Foreign exchange markets are currently charecterised by an under pressure euro exchange rate complex with forecasts continuing to place the EUR at the bottom of the G3 pack.
The Canadian dollar exchange rate (CAD) complex retains a solid footing on the forex markets; however we hear from one analyst who reckons the unit should ultimately fall against the dollar.
The Canadian dollar (CAD) has detached from the oil market for much of 2014; a state of affairs that is not neccessarily the norm considering the importance of the oil industry to the Canadian economy.
Pound to Euro Forecast: Are You Hoping for Higher GBP-EUR Rates? 1.19 is 2014 Average sayUniCredit
In their latest update to their 2014 - 2015 pound euro exchange rate forecasts UniCredit Bank warn the pair will be stuck around the 1.19 level
Why Scotland should peg an 'independent' currency to the British pound sterling
The positive arguments for the retention of the British pound sterling (GBP) by an independent Scotland outweigh the arguments for the establishment of an independent free-floating currency argue Deutsche Bank. Read More.
Most Popular on Pound Sterling Live
- US Dollar Forecasts 2014: The Year of the USD?
- Feb Update: Euro Dollar Exchange Rate Forecasts for 2014: EUR/USD Outlook Suggests Risks Lie to the Upside
- Updated Euro to British Pound Sterling Forecasts: GBP Could Hit 1.25 vs the Euro in 2014, But There Are Risks Warn Danske
- British pound sterling (GBP) Forecasts for 2014: BK Asset Management Give Their Verdict
- Exchange Rate Forecasts 2014: Yen, Canadian and Australian Dollars from Commonwealth Bank
- Exchange rate forecasts today: US dollar, British pound, Japanese Yen, Euro and Australian Dollar
- British Pound (GBP) LIVE: Sterling Set for Fresh Bounce vs USD, Bank of England Risk Ahead